50 Book Challenge List

>> January 26, 2009

As I talked about in this post: I love to Read I have decided to do the 50 book challenge this year. I have never done any of the book challenges I have seen other bloggers do, so this is a new experience for me. Here is the beginnings of my list..I will be adding to it periodically, as I finish the books and reach for the goal, to read 50 Books in the year 2009. Any suggestions for books are welcomed. ;)

  1. Sarah's Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay: LOVED it! Very educational, and an altogether really good book.
  2. Dispatches from the Edge, A Memoir of war, disasters and survival, by Anderson Cooper: might just be my favorite book now, but I do love me some Andy.. any day.
  3. Veil of Roses, by Laura Fitzgerald: very good book, interesting view of the United States and Iran.
  4. The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kid . I loved this story of Southern Life. I also really enjoyed the movie. However, as it usually goes, the book tops the movie.
  5. 1984, by George Orwell. I still am not sure how I feel about this book. I can see how it has influenced many other things I love, i.e.: The Matrix, V for Vendetta. (V for Vendetta the book is on my to read list!) But yeah. Not so sure I'd read it ever again.
  6. Holly Would Dream, by Karen Quinn. Anyone that loves Audrey Hepburn will enjoy. :)
  7. In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner: Awesome book! See blog post here.
  8. Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot: I'm really loving these girly books.. what does that say about me? There are 2 more in this series, I am going to get them next week! Yay!
  9. 3 Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortensen. Good guy, good idea, but was really hard for me to stay interested..
  10. Cote D'Ivoire, by Patricia Kumer
  11. Aya, by Margarite Abouet ~ I read both Cote D'Ivoire, and Aya for my Cote D'Ivoire presentation for my French class. I actually liked Aya's graphic novel-esque setup. Never really read a graphic novel all the way before.
  12. Michelle Obama, In Her Own Words by Lisa Rogak. I love Michelle Obama.
  13. Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld. I can't wait to read the next 3 books in the series!!
  14. Pretties, by Scott Westerfeld.






I am excited. I have a lot of books written on my "to read list", both old and new, classic, and not so much.

4 comments:

Step-Mom January 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

You should read the Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin. It's kind of a grown up version of Twilight. They really aren't alike... except they are fantasy and there is a vampire in it... but that's pretty much it. :) I think that you'd like it when you are in the mood for an action/romance/thriller fantasy book.

The first one is 'Once bitten, twice shy'. There are 4 that are after that one.

Then there is C.E. Murphey's books. I just started with 'the queens bastard' (nice title right?) And I like it so far.

Umm..if you want some good children's books I have a huge list of those! ;) Most of the other books I've read haven't been wonderful, but I'll let you know if I think of any others.

Ardie January 26, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Great goal! I suggest The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I don't think you'll be disappointed. But if you are, you'll learn that our tastes are nothing alike. :)

Nicole January 28, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I will have to add it to my "check out at library" list. ;)

Right now I have 1984, and The Secret Life of Bees waiting for me at the Library. As well as Veil of Roses, which I haven't started yet, even though I planned to yesterday. Stupid French homework!

Unknown January 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

I love Confessions of a Shopaholic! Sophie Kinsella is one of my favorite authors. If you like to laugh, you'll enjoy it. Becky Bloomwood is a funny and lovable character and you feel like she's one of your dear friends after reading it. The movie is actually based on the first two books of the series (there are like 5 so far), so you may want to read both before the movie (the other one is Shopaholic Takes Manhattan). Let me know what you think after you've read it! :)

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP