I love to READ

>> January 11, 2009


I just signed up for www.goodreads.com, a few friends had been talking about it, and Ardie sent me an invitation. I am already a member of www.livingsocial.com, where you can track your books and things (I first discovered it on Facebook). However, I don't LOVE living social, so I thought hey why not, I'll try Good Reads. I still haven't decided what I think but I have decided that I want to do a challenge this year that a blogger friend of mine: Marg, is doing. Where you track 50 books that you read in 2009. I challenge all of you to it. :)

Here's the beginning of my list..
1. Sarah's Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay: I am almost finished with it, and I am completely hooked! I would highly recommend it. Amanda gave it to me for Christmas because she's awesome like that. The book follows a Journalist as she investigates a real life incident that happened in Paris in 1942, during the Nazi occupation known as Vel d'Hiv. It's crazy and heartbreaking.. but also a really good book. I think once I am finished I will write a post about the Vel d'Hiv.

So, as you can see.. I have a lot of room left on my list, but we all have to start somewhere right? I am open to suggestions, if anyone can think of some favorite books that they love, or new ones that are awesome, I would love to hear about it. As I was looking at the books on Good Reads, I realized I haven't read some of the very classic books. Like Animal Farm, or 1984. I think I will read those next.

Here's a link to me on Good Reads. And on Living Social. Check it out ;)

3 comments:

Maxie January 11, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I love goodreads too-- I've found a lot of good books through that site. Have you ever tried book mooch?

Amanda M January 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

I think I'm gonna have to go get that book tomorrow!! Hehe!!
There are lots of classics that I haven't read either and a few that were required in high school that I didnt appreciate then and want to read over again.
Oh 1984....... hehe....... that's all I'll say about that one!! :0)

K e r i January 11, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

50 books a year? That won't be too hard for YOU. Now for me???? What goal should I do? Hmmm....10 or maybe 15.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP