Sundance Twenty Ten

>> March 16, 2010


I just realized this week that I never posted my SUNDANCE pictures!! What the?! Well.. here they are, just, oh ya know, two months later - oops.

We had a lot of fun, and saw a lot of celebrities. I think my all time favorite was Robert Redford. We were so close to him.. and all I could do was point and say HEY! But I didn't even say HEY to him, I was saying hey to Ashley and Timmy to try to get them to realize and celebrate with me that we were in the presence of greatness. Silly, sad, but true. We didn't even get a great picture, but I know for sure I will be returning to that same spot next year, just in case he decides to go that way again. Ashley tried to take a picture, but in our frantic frenzy of excitement she didn't realize her camera was in video mode, so its a video..





You can even hear me say ROBERT REDFORD! I couldn't stop saying it, I was so amazed.

We also saw Jon Gosselin from Jon & Kate Plus 8, but we didn't get to take a picture, him and his newest girlfriend ran away from the paparazzi (and us) too fast. Oh well.

I love Sundance.. but I wish it wasn't so damn cold. The weather was so much better last year!

As far as movies we saw..

We saw The Dry Land, a movie about some returned soldiers from Iraq. It was sad, and eye-opening (the scene where they slaughtered the cow.. oh. my. hell, every time I think about it I almost become vegetarian. Almost). It had Wilmer Valderrama in it - Fez from That 70's Show, and it was actually kind of nice to see him in a more serious show. America Ferrara and Ryan O'nan were the main characters.

Our last day at Sundance we saw Bhutto. I loved this movie. So educational, and so very inspirational. Benazir Bhutto was a very awesome woman, with a tragic life, and a very tragic ending. Yet, this movie actually made me feel some hope for Pakistan. The film makers were awesome.

The craziest part about the Bhutto screening was who was in the audience. I was initially bummed because Bhutto's children and sister had been at the opening screening, so we didn't see them - how cool would it have been to see them? But instead, Ashley and I had the honor (if you can call it that) of watching the movie with the former President of Pakistan's son. Yes, you heard me right, former President Pervez Musharaf's son was in Salt Lake City, watching a movie that practically condemned his father's government for involvement in the awful death of Benazir Bhutto. During the Q & A session, Bilal Musharaf stood up and said "I wasn't going to say anything, but.. President Musharaf is my father." The air was sucked out of that small theatre within seconds. And I, with almost every one else in the room turned their heads super fast, to look at him. Wow. He basically said that the current President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari, Benazir Bhutto's husband, was also corrupt and is losing support in the country. He also accused the film makers of skewing the movie. Wow.

We also went to the Snowboarding Half-pipe Olympic Qualifier in Park City, where the best American snowboarders were at their last competition to qualify to compete in Vancouver. We literally froze - if we go next time, we'll be more prepared, I don't know what we were thinking this year. But.. all in all, I was in the presence of Shaun White, Lindsey Jacobellis, Hannah Teter, and other greats. So all in all it was a great week!







Share

1 comments:

monica March 16, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

i am beyond jealous that you went to sundance.

it's one of my dreams.

first because i love movies.
second because i love indie movies.
third...isn't robert redford a cutie?

haha

xo
monica

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP