The Game of LIFE

>> December 20, 2008

I should probably just save time and repost my ramblings about needing an awesome job, in a perfect world, that I wrote when I got home from my German "fiasco." Because, those fabulous job wishes still stand. However, now it's more like I am making money at Macy's, while I look for something better, so that's an improvement. And, I AM working with UHC, making some extra money there so that is good as well. It just sucks that both jobs will run out. ARGH. So I am again almost at the beginning of a new school semester and I don't know which classes to take because I don't know where I will be working. Man oh man, Life is a crazy game.

Speaking of school.. there is one Sociology class that I can take. It is one of those special topics ones that always changes. It is a study in Thanatology. Which, is basically the study of death and dying - and different society's beliefs about death, the afterlife, and different rituals. I think it sounds kinda cool. BUT perhaps I should ask though. Do YOU think it sounds cool? Because, I thought my Grant Writing class from Hell sounded pretty awesome when I signed up for it in August. So any thoughts? I don't really want to make that mistake again.

Today, at Macy's, I worked in Mens. Instead of RAMP. It was SO MUCH better!! I think I am going to ask tomorrow about who to tell if I'd like to stay on permanently after seasonal is over, and if I could.. and all of that. I really like the Manager and the Associates in Men's. MMM~Hmmm. Even if I did see some people today that I was like AH! must run away from. I'm rude like that.

I also applied for a little Nanny job part-time, that's in American Fork. I sure hope I get it. It'd be one 3 month old baby, just 4 or 5 days a week, for 4 hours or so. My life would be so "put together" if I could do this Nanny thing, Macy's permanently part-time, and be able to go to school and take all the classes I need. <~ Crossing Fingers ~>
HMMM.. Maybe I should ask Santa...

AFTERTHOUGHT: Sigh, I also need to find a new cool awesome, resume-building Volunteer experience too. If anyone knows of anything super neat.. please, oh, please let me know. I don't have a lot of time to organize all of this into a meaningful meaningfulness.

5 days to Christmas! And not enough shopping done. But that can wait for another day of wishes and hopes. haha.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Related post: The necessary evil of a job, from July 2008.

4 comments:

Ashley December 21, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

You're so funny.. I also need an awesome job.. although interesting enough, like I said last night.. I like working in fragrances. Minus Wendy. haha. Yay for shopping last night!

Ardie December 21, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

Nicole, I think your Thanatology class sounds fascinating. I say take it.
Good luck with the work issue. I feel your frustration.

Anonymous,  December 22, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

Regarding the study or class in thanatology -- YOU SHOULD check it out. There is a whole association of people who work in thanatology (as well as a certification exam etc.). Look at www.adec.org. And I can tell you as someone who works closely with them (but I'm not a thanatologist) that they LOVE to laugh. They have a very good sense of humor so you'd fit right in.

Kim J December 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

That class does sound really interesting. It probably depends on the teacher whether or not it will be good.

Haha I hated working in the Men's department at Mervyn's, mainly because I know nothing about mens clothing, but it probably is a better department then a lot of others.

I got a list from the U of a lot of International non profits in Utah. I should email it to you, maybe one of them would be a great volunteer experience.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP