The necessarily evil of a job

>> July 23, 2008

I am still looking for a job. I need one. But it's almost like I cannot decide on what kind of job I would like to have. Well, I know what kind of job would be perfect, however I do not think it exists. These would be qualifications for a super awesome job:

  1. Work Part Time
  2. Works around my school schedule
  3. Pays me Tuition Reimbursement for school
  4. Pays me at least $2,000 a month (remember this is part time.. )
  5. Has awesome insurance
  6. Doesn't take a lot of commuting to get there
  7. Makes me feel like I am doing something worthwhile..
  8. I'd really rather not work Holidays or Weekends, I know I know, I was spoiled at the Credit Union.
  9. OH and I always have to have friends where I work. So it has to have cool people.
If anyone knows of a job, that fits even just half of these qualifications, I would be very much obliged.

The credit union where I used to work is hiring tellers. So I was thinking that that is what I could do, work there. So I emailed people and applied, and now I get to wait.. mostly because silly people decided to take vacations over Pioneer Day Week. What were they thinking? Gee.. but if I work full time, this is what it means.. it fits a few of those qualifications, but not all. (but let's be realistic, what job will fit those qualifications?). I still won't make $2,000 a month, but I will make enough to get by. I will have weekends and holidays off, as well as having good insurance. I already know the people I would be working with, so that's good (and bad?). However, it is full time, so I would have to take my classes on Saturdays, and after work. Which, I am really okay with. I think. It would be ok for this semester, I'm not 100% sure what I would do next semester. OH and I would get back my tuition reimbursement. So anyone (if anyone does.. ) reading this should say a little prayer for me, that I will get the Teller job and go back to being a good member of society.

And if not.. we can keep those qualifications in mind, right?

Or maybe Aristotle had it right, and I could use this quote to justify my joblessness..

All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind. ~ Aristotle

5 comments:

Kim J July 23, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

Have you looked at jobs at UVU? Job hunting sucks especially when you have to work around a school schedule.

P.S. I want a $2000 a month part time job!

Nicole July 23, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Yeah. The jobs at UVU, basically suck. heh. I mean, they're work study, so you only work 20 hours, which is beautiful, but then you don't make any money at the 20 hours either. So yeah.

PS: I know the $2,000 a month part time job doesn't make a lot of sense. Did I tell you about my dream? I dreamed I was going back to the library and Wil was all like "you'll make $2,000 a month" and I was like Seriously? haha.. Oh dreams.

Amanda M July 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

I'm rooting for you to get a job here. Actually, I am secretly hoping Miranda gets fired... or at least demoted on Monday, and then you can have your old job back!! How sweet would that been!!

And I love the quote!! I think its a perfect excuse to stay unemployed!! Hehe!! If only life were not so expensive!!

Ashley July 24, 2008 at 2:34 AM  

If you find this beautiful job you're looking for, make sure to offer me as your assistant or something! haha




holy shnikees!

Ashley July 24, 2008 at 2:35 AM  

or schneikis if you think in Deutsch

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP