Wilde Wisdom

>> May 29, 2009

  • Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion ~ Oscar Wilde
  • I love that quote. I posted it on Facebook and Twitter yesterday, and some people loved it along with me. I love how you can share tiny things like that, with people from all across the world. Crazy. {now I just sound old}
  • I have been off of work for 3 days. So nice. I wish I didn't have to go back today, although, at least I get to make money today. Right? And I'm working with Sue, and she's normal.. so we'll be good. Its so weird though. It'll be a lot of people's last days this weekend, and Lindsey's last day was yesterday. Its going to feel so empty with out her. Its nuts.
  • I have been working out on the Wii fit since April 20th, so a little over a month. I have lost ten pounds. Yay! But I still have a long way to go. Ash & I started doing the Biggest Loser Bootcamp the other day. It was hard! But it was fun, to do it together. Its a 6 week program, with three levels. You do each level for 2 weeks, 3 to 4 times a week. So, that is what we are going to try and do.
  • I am also going to do the Parkinson's Walk on June 27th in SugarHouse Park. My grandma has Parkinson's, and its an awful disease, so this way I can donate to the cause, and go out for a good long needed walk. Anyone want to join me? $15. Here's a link of Parkinson's walks around the country.
  • I went to see my Advisor at school yesterday. That was exciting. I need to take the Math placement test, I'm going to take it on Monday, so I can study all weekend. We planned out my schedule, and it looks like I'm on track. I asked her about jobs & internships, and she didn't really give me much feedback, oh well. I'm not sure what I want to do anyway. I signed up for more classes after talking to her yesterday, because I need to take Abnormal Psych sooner than I thought. But I didn't drop anything. Which, will give me 20 credits. But with me not working very much.. maybe that is the best decision for now. Kick my butt at school, and just be poor.
  • They're doing the International Rescue Committee tutoring thing again this Summer. I am for sure doing it this time, I'm going to tell my boss today. Its only 2 hours a week every Tuesday or Thursday. I can handle that. Right?
This picture is from 2001. I look so much smaller.. Motivation.
Plus, I miss those girls.

TGIF!
{even if I do work all weekend.. }

OH and Go Lakers!

2 comments:

K.Pete May 29, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Good luck with the weight loss goals! I LOVE the wii fit. And I SOOOO love Oscar Wilde too ... he's one of my favorites.

rachaelgking May 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

I'm rocking the Wii Fit too! I hope it works for us...

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP