I can't believe it.. and some Good Music!

>> May 27, 2009

This artwork is very important. I can't believe that it is even an issue, but there have been a few things this last week or so that I've said I can't believe it . Dalia Ziada writes an awesome piece about this very idea: closing Gitmo, and how it truly depicts the United States record on human rights, and how she (and I) are hoping President Obama doesn't mess this one up.

Another thing that I can't believe is the California Surpreme Court's ruling yesterday. They ruled to uphold Prop 8. I think Harvey Milk probably rolled over in his grave. Can you believe it? It made me want to scream when I read this. Its crazy how we tout all these different freedom sayings and beliefs, but when it truly comes down to it, do we really believe everyone is created equal? Ever since I got the news yesterday I have been posting this sign on my blog, you are more than welcome to take it to post as well.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Apparently there is only one Democratic Judge in the California Supreme Court. I still can't believe it though. It amazes me. I feel like my kids and grand kids will learn about this time in History, about a different Civil Rights Movement. I want to make sure I did all I could, and believed that everyone is equal, so the struggle will at least be over, and triumphant for my children and grandchildren to learn about. It amazes me. On a positive note, the court did rule that the 18,000 marriages that were performed while it was considered legal will be able to keep their marriages. At least that's a tiny step forward after a gigantic leap backwards. Right? I think this IReport video, from CNN is pretty interesting.

Another crazy thing I can't believe - Jon & Kate Plus 8! Did anyone watch it on Monday? It was so crazy! I feel so bad for those kids. I hope Jon & Kate can somehow come together and act a little bit better. Although, its obvious that Jon really hurt Kate, so I hope he can somehow make it up to her. Argh. So sad. (or is it sad that I care so much?) Oh well.

And last but not least. The Rack. is. laying. off. so. many. people. Its nuts! I was totally pissed that my hours were cut, and super offended that people were picked over me, but now its like at least I have a job! I walked in on a girl being laid off on Sunday, she was bawling. It sucks so bad. Half of our work force is going to be gone. And what I can't believe is usually retail jobs hire more people in the Summer / Fall time to get ready for Summer, Back to School and Christmas. Am I nuts to think that? I will be pissed if they just hire more people in August. It will be so backwards!

But on a happy note, I have been watching a lot of music videos in the morning lately, while I lift my weights. And I keep seeing this music video. I really like it! I love their Irish accents.

2 comments:

Ardie May 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

I really like that singer's voice. Who is he???

Nicole May 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

The band's called The Script, and I love them ;)

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP