Mixed Fortunes

>> March 16, 2009

I have always really liked fortune cookies. I know that they can be cheesy, and I know that they are used over and over and over again at many places ~ especially where I most often go, Panda Express. But, I still like them. I think they are fun, and really, you can find meaning in the same fortune at different times, where it applies to you. Maybe its my way of getting some sort of forecast while I enjoy my Mandarin Chicken. Yum.


I've received these two fortunes in the last few months, and being a crazy that I am, have held on to them in my wallet. I really like them, maybe they're my version of Inspiration.

It has been nice the past week working at the Rack. Obviously, it is not my most favorite thing to do, and being that I have to go back to work tomorrow, and work everyday until Saturday, its not going to stay exciting for very long. However, it is nice to feel productive, and to know that my hard work will bring me some money. Because, unfortunately, I have yet to get the fortune cookie that says Plant this seed and a money tree will grow. I have merchandised some pretty awesome things at The Rack so far. I really want to buy everything . But I won't. Maybe just one or two small things. There's this cute bright green wallet that I want, that is only like $12, probably much more in my price range than the $230 Juicy Couture handbag that I covet. I should really buy more scarves, belts, and vests though, since we have to wear 3-piece outfits. Still not completely sure what that means. Guess I will find out when the store opens.

I have decided not to goto school this upcoming semester. Bummer, I know. I might be able to sign up for the one Statistics class that I need to take, but I am not sure. I really wanted to be able to get my Associates this August, but now I am thinking maybe I don't need to get the Associates, and I can just keep working towards my Bachelors. It makes more sense money wise to work full time this summer, and take more classes in the fall. We'll just have to see what exactly happens I guess. I should still be able to get my Bachelors either by December 2010, or May 2011. Which, sounds sooo far away, but one step at a time, right?*

I am slowly plodding towards my goal of reading 50 books in 2009. I just finished Holly Would Dream, by Karen Quinn, it was a fun book. The author, and the main character, are very obsessed with Audrey Hepburn. The book had something like 127 Audrey-inspired happenings. Which, was fun because I think I recognized quite a few of them, thanks to my own Audrey obsession, but even I got a little annoyed sometimes. Anyway, I felt like I needed to read a book that was going to be a light, fun read, instead of some of the harder books I have been reading. I tried to read the Poisonwood Bible, but sadly, I couldn't really get into it, it was so boring! Now I am reading Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson. I have wanted to read this for a long time, and kept almost buying it at Target, but now I finally got it from the Library. I also just heard about a book called, The Muslim next door, the Qur'an, the Media, and that Veil Thing, by Sumbul Ali-Karamali, I am going to go get this new book from the Draper Library today, and it is next on my list.

* Unless there is some Millionaire out there, reading my very entertaining blog that wants to loan me some money (although, I accept cash presents as well).

2 comments:

Kim J March 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

3 piece outfits? That's strange.

Yay for no school this summer, maybe we can go to Lagoon a lot. I just saw a sign that says they open April 4th!!!

Shirley March 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

I love fortune cookies too. Good luck with your decisions with school! I know how hard it is when it seems so far away. Personally, I loved my classes in the summer. I would rather go to summer school than any of the other semesters because it was so much more laid back and the classes were done faster. I just get bored with the topic by the two month mark. Money is important though. The important thing is to just keep your goal and progress towards it. Again good luck! :)

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP