Once upon a time

>> February 11, 2009

Once upon a time, not too long ago, I wanted to be an Archaeologist. I changed my mind, because I decided I would rather work with people that were alive, not people that had been dead for a couple thousand years. Nevertheless, I still love hearing about History and Archeology. Especially when they make discoveries, I think that that would be so awesome to find a never discovered before tomb full of history and artifacts. This week has been a good week for archaeologists. They found a new tomb in Egypt recently, near the Step Pyramid. The mummy was 2600 years old, and still sealed in a limestone sarcophagus. I think that's awesome, and was really excited when they were able to open the sarcophagus yesterday. Awesome. Click here to see the video from the new site on BBC News.

Today, they also announced on BBC Radio (my favorite thing to listen to on the way to school..), that they found an ancient mass grave in Mexico, full of Aztecs. I really want to go to Mexico one day and see the Aztec pyramids.



Chichen Itza in Cancun, Mexico

Alright, now I've proved my nerdiness.

Later.

1 comments:

Ashley February 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Yay! :) Let's go! to both places!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP