For every problem, there is an Opportunity

>> February 13, 2009

I got a new job! (again) I am going to start working in 2 weeks at the new Nordstrom Rack in Sandy. I am excited - this is the interview that I posted about here. This should give me more hours, and they seem to be better at schedule consistency. Which will be nice! I really liked the idea of working at Macy's, and picking up the shifts that I needed - I was truly in charge of my own schedule. BUT it never really worked out with my school schedule. I go to school M, W, F from 9 to 10, and Tu & Th from 9 to 1. Somehow the only schedules that were ever available for me to pick up were on M, W, F at 9 or Tu, Th at 1:15! I can't make it from Orem to be there at 1:15.. so yeah. Stressfulness. And then they put me on the dock... which is still hilarious, but also makes me fume. So YEAH hopefully this will work out much better!

My discount is 20% off, at both The Rack and the regular Nordstrom stores. However I still haven't found out if the discount works at the Nordstrom Cafe. I need to find out. The Nordstrom Cafe is one of my favoritest things!

So, with not working much at Macy's, money has been tight. And will continue to be tight, but it looks like things are looking up. Finally! I also did my taxes, and I am going to get about $1,000 back combined - which that in itself is amazing, since technically I should only be claiming one person on my W4, but last year I claimed 2 for a lot of the time, just to make my paychecks bigger instead of waiting for the big refund. Maybe only making $13,000 in all of 2008 did have one little perk= Big tax refund now! Yahoo. So with all of that happening, I'm really going to only pay bills with my tax refund, which I know I know is so super exciting. But I think I should be able to buy at least something that is fun, even if it's small. Here are some ideas:
Sony Cybershot W170 10.1 MP
(My camera is so outdated, I NEED this)Naturalizer Walford Peep Toe Wedge from Nordstrom
(regularly $70, now at The Rack for $31)

Dolce & Gabbana Zoe Patent Leather Satchel
(way too expensive for me to buy - almost $900!!, but maybe I can rent it from Bag, Borrow or Steal, cause I'm really loving it! I love purses)

or maybe just some of this.. from Nordstrom Cafe ;)


Happy Friday the 13th! And Valentines Day tomorrow!

One last though: This is also good that I found a new job now, so that when the Summer and Fall schedules come out I can actually know my schedule, and be able to figure out everything I should take.. which will then help me decide what I am doing as far as volunteering or an internship goes. I hope the title quote is right, for every problem there is an opportunity. *crossing my fingers*

7 comments:

Ashley February 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Yay for new jobs! and Yay for Tax Refunds that go to lame bills. That's what mine is going towards too. Ugh.

Just the 3 of us February 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Congratulations!!! I'm glad you got it. and the discount is icing on the cake :)

Nicole February 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Ashley ~ Yeah, stupid stupid bills. We should at least do something a little fun though. I filed my taxes last night so hopefully in a few weeks.. they'll be here!

Lauren ~ Thanks! When I talked to you about it, I thought there was no way I was going to get it. I was surprised when they called me the day after I interviewed. Yay!

Amanda M February 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Those shoes are way cute!! And that purse!! Ahhh!! I love it!! I think I am really going to have to come a visit you lots!!

Ardie February 15, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

I love happy news! Congrats on the job AND on the tax refund!
Hey, wish me luck. I have an interview tomorrow for a receptionist position. Not sure if they'll want me since I'm going back to school (hopefully) in July, but it's worth a shot.

Jana February 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

I'm paying bills with my tax refund too.. if that makes you feel any better! But I plan to get me a lil something something. So.. FABULOUS shoes! You must get those! And you HAVE to rent that bag or find a knock off! And if you find a knock off let me know where because I HAVE to get it too! hehe! :)
Good luck with the new job!

Kim J February 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Congrats on the job! I hope they are better then Macy's.

You should save some of that tax refund for Lagoon. ;D

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP