This is My December..

>> December 1, 2008

Today, is World AIDS Day. It is the 20th Annual World AIDS Day, and fortunately, we are getting very close to a solution to the problem.. bringing more and more awareness and light to this cruel disease of HIV-AIDS. I think it's sad some of the stories you hear, about children, and adults alike, being ridiculed and prejudiced against because they have this disease. I hope that this can stop, and even more than that I hope that we won't have to celebrate the "40th Annual World AIDS Day" because there no longer will be AIDS. There is one thing I like about President Bush, I love his PEPFAR Initiative. It's really helped Africa, I wish that it could help more.. and further..I think the saddest part is that around the world, 2.7 million people were infected with HIV in 2007 alone, and there is a staggering 33 million people around the world living with HIV. 33 MILLION! That doesn't have to happen. Now that we know the causes, we know the risks, and we know how to slow down the process of the disease. Visit the World AIDS Campaign website here for more information.

In other happier thoughts, I love that it's December 1st. It doesn't feel like it. It hasn't really snowed much in Salt Lake, which is both good and bad. I HATE being cold! And I HATE the snow.. BRRRR! But I do love December for other reasons. Like, of course Christmas music, Christmas lights, Christmas Shopping and the cheesy Christmas movies on TV. I really like the classics, the Santa Claus is Comin' To Town movie with Frank Sinatra narrating, and Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer with it's old school graphics. And who doesn't like a little It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street? But I think I have to say one of my very favorite parts about Christmas and December is the food. Thanksgiving's great in its own right, but it doesn't compare to Christmas. I love making sugar cookies, and the smell of Gingerbread, or yummy buttery rolls. That's the best. Speaking of which, this is what I want for Christmas:


The Cookie Master Plus


You get 12 metal discs in different fun shapes, accent tips for decorating and filling the cookies and recipe booklets! I want it! I want it! I saw it at Joann's Crafts, but I also just found it on this website. <~ hint~hint~>


In other Babble of the day.. I'm a big babbler, I have so many thoughts! haha. To sum 'em up:

  • Israel sucks: I don't understand why they can't just let the food get into Gaza, I'm not sure I care if they can't get along, but everyone deserves to eat!! AND the part that bothers me more is that NO ONE is saying anything about it. Like it's OK for Israel to just decide that. I'm sure someone would have something to say if President Bush all of a sudden decided to cut off all of California to any food or supplies.

  • YAY for Obama's National Security Cabinet!! I am most excited about Hillary Clinton, for sure. But I am excited that they are all part of such a "muscular" team, as Candy Crowley on CNN put it this morning. They all know what they're doing, they're all opinionated and smart enough, where the cabinet will be full of many ideas and various opinions, and I love that. I think that will make it work the best!! Seriously.

  • Mumbai.. was awful. I'm very sad about it. :( and a little nervous. I don't really understand all of the facts, I don't think anyone does quite yet. I just heard that the Taj Hotel had already been aware that an attack might be imminent.. and that they were trying to put up more security. But I also heard that they were trying to kill at least 5,000 people. So I guess in a way, we can be grateful that that didn't happen. EEEK!

  • And last but not least.. I just have a pet peeve that I am going to keep short and sweet and not rattle on about. But, if you say you're going to do something.. DO IT. I am SICK of flaky people!!

This is My December.. <~ insert Linkin Park lyrics ~>

4 comments:

Ashley December 1, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

HAHA we wrote some similar things today.. Love the comic! And you know I absolutely love the title. I love that song. Yay Linkin Park! :) We should make sugar cookies sometime this week.. Maybe after Tim's done with his book report though.. I like your new background!!!! I do! I do! Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen.. Comet and Cupid, Donder and Blitzen! and Rudolph. haha.

Just the 3 of us December 1, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

AMEN! I am sick of flaky people too!!

Amanda M December 1, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

I LOVE the snowman comic!! It is one of my favorite!! I still laugh every time I see it!! :0)

Your cookie thing looks pretty dang cool!! I love that kind of fun stuff!!

And guess what... YOUR BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP QUICK!! Yahoo!!! :0) We will have to try to get together sometime that week!!

Ardie December 2, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

I thoroughly enjoyed your rambling, Nicole. And I love Christmas, too. EVERYTHING about Christmas is wonderful to me. It's seriously my favorite time of year. I'm glad you love it, too. :)

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP