Rambles for December 4

>> December 4, 2008

Today has been an interesting day, of stomach cramps and wanting to hurl.. or maybe just pass out. BUT one good thing happened today, and that is what I will give you more details on. <~wink, wink~> (Not that in reality I can actually wink.. maybe that's why I like to pretend to in blog posts). Anyway, I got a job! It's seasonal. It's at Macy's. And it's in "Recovery" which basically means I get to clean up after all you people that don't put your clothes back where you got them. But that's okay. It's a job and it's what I needed. Now I can breathe, while I work there, make a little money and continue to look for something more permanent.

Because... I really want the job I interviewed for yesterday. It would be as a Receptionist / Office Manager at a property management place. Doesn't sound too exciting, I know. But it's $10 an hour, and I would work Mon~Fri from 9 am - 4 pm, AND the best part is I would get benefits.. like free insurance but also Hilton AND Marriott hotel Employee benefits! That'd be awesome. So, everyone cross your fingers that he will call me tomorrow. Please, please, please.


Tim had to do a book report this month on a Newberry Medal award winner. There were lots of books to choose from, but he decided on A Wrinkle in Time. We decided that Ashley, Tim & I would all read it together. It was fun. Tim is a really good reader, and really gets caught up in the stories when he reads. I think that he would sometimes just rather do other things: like sports! But who can really be too suprised, Sports is basically all that kid thinks about. ;) haha. Anyway, we just finished and it was a really good book. The beginning was kind of boring for me, the author Madeline L'Engle is really descriptive, and sometimes I think that can get annoying. I'm not the most patient person, just get to the meat of the story! One of my favorite quotes from the book is: "But you see, Meg, just because we don't understand doesn't mean that the explanation doesn't exist" (p. 46). This is from Meg's mother, in answer to Meg's question about whether things always have an explanation. I thought this was interesting, and OH so true.
Gee whiz, maybe I should have been an English major..

5 comments:

Amanda M December 5, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

YAY!!! I'm so glad you found something!! Happy day!!
And I am totally crossing my fingers for you that that place will call you back! How cool would that be!!

Ardie December 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

That's wonderful news about the job. Congratulations, and good luck on office manager job. You'd be great at that.
By the way, I read A Wrinkle in Time in grade seven and LOVED it. I'm glad you enjoyed it, too. You obviously have fantastic taste in literature. :-)

Ashley December 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Yay, working at Macy's with me! How nice.. haha. Aren't you so glad that I picked out A Wrinkle in Time? I told you it was great.. :)

Alisha Chase December 10, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

You and Ash work together? How crazy? That's awesome you both found jobs though! And way to put a family effort into that book report! As a teacher i know how much fun they can be... ha But what an awesome experience to read together!! I am glad you made it through the book it really is a good one!

Nicole December 11, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

Sadness - I didn't get the Office Manager job. So I'm still looking for something that doesn't kill my feet..

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP