Goals

>> April 30, 2008

One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go.

Like the winds of the sea
Are the waves of time,
As we journey along through life,
Tis the set of the soul,
That determines the goal,
And not the calm or the strife.

~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Goals. I'm always thinking "okay, I want to do this.. and this.. " but I never write them down or fully form the Goal. Haha. Hardly ever at least. So I'm thinking that is what I should do today. Actually make some good concrete goals, for the next year, and after..

But of course, as soon as I start typing: my mind goes blank.

Okay, so In the next year goals..


1. Learn German; this one should have an obvious reason why. But maybe I should make it a little harder and challenge myself to not only be able to speak and understand German, but I also want to make the goal to
read two German books by July 2009.


2. Eat Healthy. This speaks for itself as well. I need to eat healthier, the end.


3. Volunteer I need to be out there volunteering more, and what better way to completely immerse myself into Germany but to help some Germans? Hopefully I can figure something out.. I need a lot of hours logged for my degrees.


4. Travel: this one.. is kind of already accomplished. I'm already traveling to Germany to be an Au pair, however, I want to make my way around that continent backwards and forwards!

5. Keep this Blog going! I must I must, even those this post is probably much more for my benefit than for anyone else's. I am excited to keep this going and be able to document my travels and stories here, and keep in touch with my friends. Here's to more blogging. :)



Now goals for the next five years-ish..


1. Graduate! I need to stop putting this off, and being queen of procrastination and dragging things out; and just get it done. I want to kick butt when I get home from Germany, and never look back.

2. Do an awesome Internship either Summer 2009 or 2010 with UNICEF or the United Nations, or something related to that field of work. I need to get myself out there.

3. Learn French. I know, I know, what am I thinking.. I just typed "Learn German" not too long ago. However, I really need to learn a United Nations official language, and French is one of them. I figure if I've got French, English & German that covers a lot of ground. Most of Africa really, and that's my goal continent anyway. (Do immersion program in Quebec?)

4. Get into a Masters program for International Relations. I think I really want to do one of those programs that only lasts a year, where you go and study in different countries. There is one where you travel around Europe for an entire year, studying and immersing yourself in the different cultures. I think that that is awesome. Too bad I'd have to get a million loans to do it; however, that might just be worth it.

5. Background Research: start really understanding each and every country in Africa and how they relate to each other. I need to get to a place where that knowledge is just at the fore front of my mind.


Hmmm.. those are good for now.. heh. Thanks for listening ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP