Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

>> April 24, 2008

One need only think of the weather, in which case the
prediction even for a few days ahead is impossible.
- Albert Einstein


I have 66 days until we fly to Germany. 66 days! That sounds kind of like a lot to my mind, where I really just want to get this show on the road, get to Europe, never look at a Vehicle's title again, and never answer the phone "Jordan Credit Union, this is Nicole, how can I help you?" or at least not for the next year. I want to play, I want to have fun, and learn, and I want to do it now. I'm not the very patient type. And yes, yes I know that it all won't be fun, nothing ever is, but I am determined to have fun and learn German and be the best German Nanny I can be!

So on to my problem of the day. I am trying to plan for this European trip, and know exactly what I am doing when it comes to packing and things. Let me give you some background information, the morning of the day that I left for London in May 2005 (which seems SO long ago now!) I hadn't packed anything. Not one single thing. I was a procrastinator. I am a procrastinator. But, this time, as it is much longer of a European trip this time as opposed to last time, I was thinking that perhaps I should plan ahead a little bit more. Any ideas on what to bring? Or what not to bring..

It might be nice to get some suggestions of things that maybe, just maybe, an American girl in Germany for a year cannot live without. For example, I want to bring my CD's.. but I might just have to resort to only my Ipod. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ipod, I think it is a great Applestic invention. However, I like the idea of being able to use my CD's when I use the family car to take the kids to school. Sigh. Probably should focus on German anyway, and listen to German music. Which brings me to my next item: Movies. I know I can't bring all of my Movies, they would have to be in a suitcase all their own. But I must bring a few. So then it comes down to decision making. What movies do I bring? I love Breakfast at Tiffany's AND Roman Holiday, but should I really use my small supply of movies and bring two Audrey classics? Or should I conserve, and only bring one Audrey. Decisions Decisions. Let's not even get started on books.. I think I will just have to read German books. Can't decide only one or two English books to bring. Eek.

Sigh... Then we come to the even more important, and even harder aspect: Clothes. How do I know what I will want to wear for next year? It doesn't snow much there, but it also doesn't ever get too hot either; and it's rainy. Susi, my family's mom, said that they hardly ever get snow, so I wouldn't need "to bring very much winter clothes", but then it's like, she doesn't know me, she doesn't know that in the Summer in a super air conditioned house I walk around with a blanket AND a sweatshirt. So I'm thinking I will just bring whatever I wear in the fall and spring time mostly, and then minimal summery and winter things? I guess if I don't bring what I really need to have, I can just go shopping.

Gehen wir Einkaufen! (let's go shopping)

Wish me luck..

3 comments:

Becky April 24, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

oh, no. you will want your winter stuff. we didn't really get snow here either, but it got freaking cold. I mean I rode bike everywhere all the time, so that obviously doesn't help. but still. especially if you're already a cold person. you'll want those sweaters.

Roberta April 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

I think I can help with the movie problem. I got one of those CD cases with a ton of pockets and stored all our movies in them minus the covers for when we went on trips. It's a lot easier to pack 30 movies in one zip up notebook. Good luck.

Nicole April 29, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

thanks guys!

i need all the help i can get.. haha

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP