One more down, four more to go

>> May 1, 2010

That's right ladies, and gentlemen I will be done with school in exactly 4 semesters. Count them, 1-2-3-4.  And, just like in High School knowing that I will be done in a little over a year from now, has already given me that Senioritis bug. But! I am determined this Summer semester to stay strong, and not end it like I just ended this last one.

I don't really know what happened, but I definitely got lost in last semester. Don't get me wrong, I still pulled it out in the end, kicked some butt on my finals and really feel like I will do okay. I guess my only problem is, I could have done a lot better. However, I think that's always been my problem. Somewhere, I became okay with just getting by.

Does anyone else do that? I make excuses, excuses that have been in my psychee for so long that I don't even consciously realize I'm making them. Excuses like, well I have a job, and a lot of classes, and I don't JUST study - I have a life. Or rationalizations like "I'm not stupid, I could do better.. if I wanted to." But that's the one that I started to think about today. Why wouldn't I want to? 



In all honesty, school has never been hard for me. I have always been able to cram just before  a test, and get at least a B, usually an A. So why would I study? I know in my head, that I should study, because school isn't just about that piece of paper at the end, I'm supposed to be learning things so I can use them in 'real life' right?

So, after ending Spring semester this week with a big headache and stressful nights full of cramming, I have decided I am going to put my whole heart and soul into Summer semester. I am really going for all A's, and I'm going to do it this time. It can't be that bad, its only Summer semester, right?

Any ideas on how to get all those A's would be greatly appreciated ;)





2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

you can do it! but i know what you mean about making excuses. i did that with my script frenzy project. i didn't make it to the end because of school, the kids, social occassions etc... you just have to want to do it i guess. put your whole heart into it. anywho, i wanted to let you know that i gave you a Sisterhood Award on my blog today (http://labirdsnest.com) Congrats!

Ashley May 2, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

I do the same thing.. But you already knew that! WHY do we do it? Its so retarded...

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP