Changing Slowly

>> May 10, 2010

I am at a stale mate as far as my weight loss is going. I haven't been very motivated the past few months, and haven't GAINED any weight back, but I definitely haven't lost. A few weeks ago I was going to go swimming, but to do that I'd have to buy a new suit. Not the typical reason - because it was too small - but because it would be WAY too big if I went swimming in it, and flashing people at a family friendly pool just isn't my thing.

Instead of buying a suit, I decided not to go. Partly because I want to buy a suit smaller than what I would need right now, and mostly because I just didn't have the money to spend on it.

When I told my friend I wasn't going, and that my suit was too big, she hadn't even realized that I have lost 40 pounds in the past year. This made me kind of self conscious, like really? Do I not look different? So I decided to look at some pictures. I don't have for real, official "before" and "after" pictures.. but I think even just these pictures of my face show that I'm smaller.


Befores.. 
























really? who let me wear those glasses?! ick!


 Afters..

Its so weird the way our mind's work when it comes to self image. People told me months and months ago, when I worked at the Rack that I looked better, and they noticed that I had lost weight. But I don't think its really been drastically noticeable to me, until recently. Maybe my friend just knows me too well, and loves me no matter what my size is. I guess I'll keep her.













This picture of me, from 2003, is my motivation. If I was that small at one point, I can do it again, right?














Don't ask what we were sad about .. I don't have a clue.

Except that I want some muscles too.. yessss



What are your weight loss goals? What do you do to stay motivated?

Hopefully my 30 Day Shred will improve my Shreddin'. Eh?




7 comments:

Shirley May 10, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

I think some people see things better than others. Especially people who don't see you for awhile. I actually noticed you had lost weight in the pictures of you and your mom on the tramp. You are looking great!

I am kind of at a stale mate too. I know I could lose more if I really worked at it, but I am making excuses. Hopefully I just stay this weight for awhile.

Someone said you should never wait to buy clothes that are a certain size. You should always look good in whatever size you are. Just get a cheapo suit for now. It's way better than not having any fun! :)

Just the 3 of us May 10, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

Girl you should totally try the hcg shots. I've been doing it for the past 20 days and I've lost 9 lbs and tons of inches. I haven't even been doing it faithfully and if I would have then I know I would have lost more. It's awesome!!! I'm going to do it the 46 days so I can lose more weight. So far so good :)
I think you look great! Keep up the great work!!

Ashley May 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

You know I've noticed. :) I think you're lookin' good! That picture of you and Tim being sad.. I think you were just being funny and said to make a sad face, so you did.. You look so different then.. I would like some more muscles too! I did the Wii Fit Body Test thing today or whatever and I've reached my goal BMI. That excited me. But I still want to lose like 8-10 pounds.. but I want to gain muscle.. But now my BMI is 21.68!! So I'm in the middle of the normal range. wooohoo! I want to start the 30 day shred today.. hopefully I get the motivation to. :)

Alisha Chase May 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

I know i Know I am an awful friend... Just announce it to the world why don't ya??

I am sorry... I knew you had lost weight, I have listened to your workout stories and adventures I knew you had lost weight, just not THAT much. And it wasn't that I hadn't notice.. But i have seen you frequently throughout so I guess i didn't notice the drastic change. I really am sorry.. I think more so i was surprised that it was that long since you have been swimming because you have lost a lot of weight before right now!

But i know you are doing a great job, keep it up. Sorry....

clew May 11, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

I'm with ya, lady ... I am totally unmotivated myself, but I've kicked myself in the butt and have started eating healthy again this week. Well, mostly ...

I started gaining weight when I was in my late 20's - I think mainly becasue I quit smoking and you know how that oral fixation thing is (no cracks from the peanut gallery). I could lose gained weight pretty easily until I turned 40. Now I can't get extra pounds off with dynamite, which makes it even more frustrating and easy to lose motivation.

I'm now finding a place where I can just be happy with how my body is at 40+ - I'd love to lose weight, heck yeah, but if I can just be healthy and feel great, that's what I will consider success. Can I be the me I was 15 years ago? Probably not, especially since having a child. But so what? Just gotta be the best me I can be. :)

Amanda M May 12, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

I have totally notice my friend!! You look awesome!!
You are part of my inspiration for wanting to loose weight too!! If you can do it, I can do it!!
And GOOD JOB on not gaining any of it back!! That is so awesome!!!

If you ever feel like skipping school you are totally welcome to come to Zumba!! I might be starting a Zumba class on Thursday nights in June if you ever want to come!!

Dapoppins May 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Hello, stumbled on your blogy, literally. I have recently lost 30 pounds and although my husband says I look great I just don't see it either. However, my clothes aren't fitting as well, even my bras, which is prolly TMI for a virtual bloggy stranger! lol

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP