Frenchy Friday Onze: the French Diet

>> April 2, 2010

Since I've been trying to find a good lifestyle change, to help me lose weight.. I decided to turn Frenchy Friday into a way to look at the French diet. I mean, as the article I found (posted below) suggests, how do they eat so much wine, cheese & yummy baguettes? Seriously!

I just might have to check out this book.





yummmm.. baguettes!



Joyeux le vendredi saint! (Happy Good Friday)
The French Women Don't Get Fat DietIt's a diet based on eating for pleasure and portion control. Experts explain how it works. If you have ever wondered how the French manage to eat cheese, butter, baguettes, and drink wine while staying slim, then French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure, by Frenchwoman Mireille Guiliano, may be the book for you.

French Women Don't Get Fat is actually a non-diet book, loaded with
pearls of wisdom from the chic and fit Mireille Guiliano, also CEO of the
champagne company, Veuve Clicquot.... (see rest of article here).




6 comments:

Amy April 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Give me that bread. NOW.

My one (okay, ONE OF) true weaknesses!

I thumbed through that book several years ago. Good tips, just like with the Mediterranean diet. Hope you can pull some helpful things from it.

Ashley April 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

mmmmmmmmmmm. Baguettes = YUM. you should check out the book.. yes yes.

Andi April 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

The key is moderation which is hard to do but so worth it. You eat real food rather than diet food. It's great if you can stick to the moderation piece - the real trick. When I first moved to Europe I gained so much weight because I was eating everything - it was all so yummy - had to stop doing that real quick!

Holly Lefevre April 4, 2010 at 1:34 AM  

I bought this book at a thrift store. My friend swears it is all about eating real food...whole food...no preservatives, weird ingredients, etc. Makes sense...but that junk tastes so good.
Holly

Kim J April 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Oh how I love baguettes and the French diet. Yum.

Seeks Same April 26, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

Thanks for the article. I've been making a conscious effort to try to eat in the "French" way while I'm learning French (on Babbel.com (http://www.babbel.com)) -- maybe the two can work in tandem! Merci.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP