My Bday present from Lina

>> December 18, 2009

As I said in my last post, I have job news! I am no longer working at the Rack. Today was my 2nd day at Mountain Land Rehabilitation, where I work with my friend Lina! Its so amazing, I wanted a different, better, job but I didn't really think much was possible, so I really wasn't trying very hard.. Crazy huh?

It all happened just before Thanksgiving. I was on Gmail, and annoyed that I could never really qualify for Insurance with The Rack, so I posted on my gchat status that I really "needed a job with insurance!!" almost immediately two of my friends replied and started talking to me! One of which was Lina. Who I worked with at the good ol' Library, and who is one of my bestest friends. I couldn't believe it when by the end of the day we were discussing about when I could come in for an Interview with her boss, for a job that paid me %25 more, and gave me benefits, weekends, nights, and holidays off, and a flexible enough schedule where I could still go to school! After Thanksgiving, I interviewed with Lina & her boss, and she called me to offer me the job while I was still driving home from the Interview! I gave my notice at the rack, my last day was Sunday, finished up finals, had my birthday, and started working with Lina yesterday, the 17th. Yay! So yeah.. I'm excited. And couldn't be more thankful for my good friend Lina. :) Talk about a great Birthday / Christmas present, am I right?

4 comments:

Shirley December 18, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

That's totally awesome! I am so happy for you! It sounds like your job situation took a total 180. You lucky duck! :)

Alisha Chase December 19, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

Yeah!! For your bestest friend Lina coming through to save the day.... Best present ever for sure!! Congrats!

Roberta December 19, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

Congrats. I hope that works out for you.

Just the 3 of us December 20, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

congrats on your new job!! I'm so excited for you!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP