The Lost Symbol

>> October 9, 2009

I was so excited for The Lost Symbol release in September. I picked it up on the day that it was released, and started reading it the day of. However, I just barely finished reading it. I haven't had any time! And frankly, it wasn't as exciting and fabulous as I thought it was going to be. Oh well. I still think Angels and Demons was better than the Da Vinci Code, but both of those books were better than The Lost Symbol.

And this brings up the fact, that yes, I am deeply behind on my 50 books in 2009 goal. Shoot! I'm hoping that I can catch up. Here's my list as its gone so far..

  1. Sarah's Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay: LOVED it! Very educational, and an altogether really good book.
  2. Dispatches from the Edge, A Memoir of war, disasters and survival, by Anderson Cooper: might just be my favorite book now, but I do love me some Andy.. any day.
  3. Veil of Roses, by Laura Fitzgerald: very good book, interesting view of the United States and Iran.
  4. The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kid . I loved this story of Southern Life. I also really enjoyed the movie. However, as it usually goes, the book tops the movie.
  5. 1984, by George Orwell. I still am not sure how I feel about this book. I can see how it has influenced many other things I love, i.e.: The Matrix, V for Vendetta. (V for Vendetta the book is on my to read list!) But yeah. Not so sure I'd read it ever again.
  6. Holly Would Dream, by Karen Quinn. Anyone that loves Audrey Hepburn will enjoy. :)
  7. In Her Shoes, by Jennifer Weiner: Awesome book! See blog post here.
  8. Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot: I'm really loving these girly books.. what does that say about me? There are 2 more in this series, I am going to get them next week! Yay!
  9. 3 Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortensen. Good guy, good idea, but was really hard for me to stay interested..
  10. Cote D'Ivoire, by Patricia Kumer
  11. Aya, by Margarite Abouet ~ I read both Cote D'Ivoire, and Aya for my Cote D'Ivoire presentation for my French class. I actually liked Aya's graphic novel-esque setup. Never really read a graphic novel all the way before.
  12. The Muslim Next Door: the Qur'an, the Media, and that Veil Thing by Sumbul Ali-Karmali: this is an AWESOME book that is super helpful in understanding the world around you, and how Islam really is.
  13. My Sister's Keeper
  14. Michelle Obama, In Her Own Words by Lisa Rogak. I love Michelle Obama.
  15. Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld.
  16. Pretties, by Scott Westerfeld.
  17. Extras, by Scott Westerfeld.
  18. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (reread)
  19. Essentials of International Relations by Mingst (for school)
  20. Essential Readings for International Relations by Mingst (for school)
  21. Social Work Policy (for school)
  22. Parallèles (for school: en français)
  23. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.
  24. Le Petit Prince (in progress)

Eek.. 26 more books to go..

4 comments:

Roberta October 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

I really like Uglies, but Pretties and Extras were just okay.

Amanda M October 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

You can do it, you can do it!!! You have a very good list so far!! I totally recommend The Weight of Silence if you need another book!!

1984!?!? I HATED that book in high school!! Haha!! I have been trying to reread some of the books that were required in high school like A Separate Piece and The Great Gatsby.... dont know if I would necessarily recommend either one though!!

How did you like the Uglies and the other books in that series. I'm trying to decide if I want to read them.

P.S. (as if this wasnt already long enough, haha) I like your Halloween background!!

Alisha Chase October 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I think you can totally do it! I am trying to make it to 50 as well, but not even close yet!!! Gotta keep reading!

Uglies and pretties huh.... i have heard about them but never ventured to read them. Maybe i will have to see about reading them!

Happy Reading !

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP