Because they use small hangers.

>> August 7, 2009

I am now transferring to the Kids Department at the Rack.

I have had a lot of anger and bad feelings towards going to work the past few months, and it kept getting worse. So, when the Kids Department had an opening, I jumped on it.

Did it give me more hours? Maybe 2, per week. Maybe.
Was that worth it to me? I did it for my sanity, not the hours.

The sad part is that I am fine when I work with certain people in Accessories, but others completely ruin it for everyone else.
Here are some perks about Kids:

  • a very up front , able to communicate, Manager
  • every shift is by myself - which is good and bad. but I am just excited to not have to rely on anyone else. :: sigh of relief ::
  • semi-permanent schedule (hardly ever gets revised and revised and revised )
  • the department almost always makes the sales goal = never really had hours cut
    (other departments have had their hours cut at least twice)
  • cute little people clothes, that I really do enjoy organizing and everything - from clear back when I worked at Mervyn's in High School - and no, I will publish how long ago that really was.
So, that. is that. Hopefully. Its better. and not worse. I'm really trying to just stay with Nordstrom, and so I can just keep going to school. The last thing I need to do is to throw some crazy new work schedule, with new people, and new everything, into my busy life and eff up my school schedule. Because, I must remember: School is why I work there. School is why I keep going there.. so I can do something different!

2 comments:

Pam August 7, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Sometimes just changing departments works wonders. I did it and I felt so much better. Good luck!!

Ardie August 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

I hear you on the "I do this so I can do something better" comment. I tell myself the same thing every day when I put on my mint green shirt and black pants and head out the door to Superstore. I'll write an update for you on my blog describing my situation with the university here. Very frustrating.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP