Uglies

>> July 22, 2009

Has anyone out there read the books, Uglies and Pretties by Scott Westerfeld? I really like it!! It kind of reminded me of The Giver.. and The Host. Sorta sci-fi, fantasy-ish, with a touch of political activism hidden motives. I like it. I like it.


















Now I just need to go get the last book in the trilogy, Specials, and the follow up book Extras!

Part The Lottery, part The Matrix, and part The Wave, Uglies is the first of a trilogy that shouts from the rooftops of literature why Westerfeld is a master of his genre. If Uglies isn't considered for a Hugo for 2006, then either Westerfeld got robbed or this will just have been an uncommonly good year for science fiction output. The pinnacle of speculative fiction for teen readers that does more than deliver pulse-pounding adventure but also forces introspection into the way we perceive ourselves and others.

~ excerpt of a review from The Trades
PS: Yes, I know these are made for teens, but did you ask if I cared? Cause I don't. :: wink ::

That's Number 13 and 14 on my 50 Book Challenge list (and the 2 more from the series will make me at 16). Slowly approaching the goal.

3 comments:

Teach.Workout.Love July 22, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

oooh! ive never read it but it sounds pretty interesting!

Nicole July 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

You should read them. They're addicting! ;)

Ardie July 23, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Nicole, I love these books, too. I think it's brilliant how Scott Westerfeld creates this hip new language that shows just how inane and shallow all the Pretties are.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP