Frump?

>> July 23, 2009


frump: Noun, a woman who dresses in a dull and old-fashioned way
Last Monday, at work, I was doing my thing.. straightening things, picking up stuff, super fun exciting Retail work, and I heard some strange little High School girls in their high-pitch voices talking. Now, I normally don't really listen to each and every conversation that is held in the store, but Monday's are boring, and I was working by my lonesome, so I couldn't help but listen, and giggle a little inside. This is how their conversation went:

High Pitch Teenager 1: OMG! I'm not sure if I should really wear the Frump shirts anymore, Jon doesn't really like them.

High Pitch Teenager 2: REALLY?! Because I really like them, with a tank top underneath and super tight skinny jeans..

High Pitch Teenager 1: Yeah, I like them. And they are comfortable, but I can see how guys don't like them.

High Pitch Teenager 2: OH, okay.

Teenager Number 3 was quiet, and didn't get into the Frump conversation. Maybe that's because, like me, she had no idea what they were talking about. Does anyone else know what FRUMP means?

Apparently, there used to be a band called Frump as well.. but yeah, no idea. LOL.
Does that make me old?

3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

I don't think the technical name is frump shirt... In fact I know that's not the case, they are called dolman tops. They are loose t-shirts that have shorts sleeves that are loose and fluttery. If it's a long sleeve shirt its loose at the top of your arm and then gets tight towards your wrist. You should google them cause I'm terrible at explaining.

Nicole July 24, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

hahaha, I should have known you would know Cheri! For anyone interested.. you can see an image at this link http://www.edgeofurge.com/boutique/clothing/womens/tops/dolman.jpg.

Ashley July 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

haha oh man. of course. ugly. fugly. haha. fugly.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP