>> June 8, 2009
Goals. I thought I would take a gander at the goals I posted here, in January, and see how I'm doing. Is it bad that I can't fully remember all the goals until I look at them? Uh, yeah, probably.
Here's the list, with some Notes on my progress (or lack of):
- Be a very good student: I didn't do quite as well as I wanted to this last semester, but with the stress of trying to find a job, and getting used to actually going to school again, I think I did well. I am planning on doing even better this Fall - with my fabulous 20 credits.
- Graduate with my Associates of Arts in Social Work: Plans changed a little for this one. I won't be getting my AA just yet. BUT I'm still on track to get my BA, I just had a few bumps with class availability and such for the AA.
- Volunteer MUCH more ~ and log my hours: I haven't had time for this yet!! But this Thursday I am starting the Youth Tutoring with the IRC (International Rescue Committee), so that's exciting.
- International Rescue Committee Start this Thursday.
- Ascend Alliance (Kim: me, you, Gala, you game?) I'm still planning on this in August.
- Any other ideas?? I'm actually doing the Parkinson's Foundation Walk the end of this month, which isn't exactly Volunteering But it's charity related.
- Find a super great job: My job isn't super, or great, but its a job, and it works for now - and I like most of the people, especially after all the drama recently has subsided. See here for more info on my work stories.
- Find an awesome resume-building Internship I don't think I will end up doing this this year, I decided to take a huge load of credits in the Fall instead. Probably next Spring or Summer, I would like to Intern with The Ascend Humanitarian Alliance, and then when I'm a Senior, with the International Rescue Committee.
- Eat healthier This I have done!! I have done a really good job at eating much healthier. I haven't completely cut out all the fat/calories/sugar in my diet. Because I truly have a theory about it. Some things I'm not going to Sacrifice, because if I just eat really well, and never have anything that I LOVE, (like Cheesecake.. Ice Cream.. Candy), then I will just give up and gain back the weight I've lost and then some. So I sacrifice, but not everything.
- Plant a yummy Vegetable garden: Not this year, maybe next year. Thank goodness for Farmer's Markets though! I'm excited to go buy fresh veggies and make some fresh salsa.
- Spend more time with Friends: I think this is always a desire that I have. I love that I bought the Lagoon Season Pass, and had fun my first time a few weeks ago, and I'm going next week. I love Lagoon, and hanging out with friends. So it's good. :D
- Go on Vacation: Still working on this one. I have a lot of Travel Wishes though!
- Save money: Yeah.. so far I've failed.
- Write letters to old friends.. i.e.: The Babcocks: Emails. Check.
- Start a Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program: Due to school schedules and such, I haven't done this one yet. Next year though. For sure. I'm still working towards it, and that's what counts. Right?
- Spend more time with Family: Ash and Tim have spent a lot of fun days together. I love my siblings. Now I should edit the goal to include some extended family. I think its actually pretty sad how we used to be so much closer. At least, I thought.
- Blog more - hahahaha, just kidding! Complete Success! haha.
John Lennon. Working Class Hero.