Six months gone by, where am I?

>> June 8, 2009

Goals. I thought I would take a gander at the goals I posted here, in January, and see how I'm doing. Is it bad that I can't fully remember all the goals until I look at them? Uh, yeah, probably.

Here's the list, with some Notes on my progress (or lack of):

  • Be a very good student: I didn't do quite as well as I wanted to this last semester, but with the stress of trying to find a job, and getting used to actually going to school again, I think I did well. I am planning on doing even better this Fall - with my fabulous 20 credits.
  • Graduate with my Associates of Arts in Social Work: Plans changed a little for this one. I won't be getting my AA just yet. BUT I'm still on track to get my BA, I just had a few bumps with class availability and such for the AA.
  • Volunteer MUCH more ~ and log my hours: I haven't had time for this yet!! But this Thursday I am starting the Youth Tutoring with the IRC (International Rescue Committee), so that's exciting.
    • International Rescue Committee Start this Thursday.
    • Ascend Alliance (Kim: me, you, Gala, you game?) I'm still planning on this in August.
    • Any other ideas?? I'm actually doing the Parkinson's Foundation Walk the end of this month, which isn't exactly Volunteering But it's charity related.
  • Find a super great job: My job isn't super, or great, but its a job, and it works for now - and I like most of the people, especially after all the drama recently has subsided. See here for more info on my work stories.
  • Find an awesome resume-building Internship I don't think I will end up doing this this year, I decided to take a huge load of credits in the Fall instead. Probably next Spring or Summer, I would like to Intern with The Ascend Humanitarian Alliance, and then when I'm a Senior, with the International Rescue Committee.
  • Eat healthier This I have done!! I have done a really good job at eating much healthier. I haven't completely cut out all the fat/calories/sugar in my diet. Because I truly have a theory about it. Some things I'm not going to Sacrifice, because if I just eat really well, and never have anything that I LOVE, (like Cheesecake.. Ice Cream.. Candy), then I will just give up and gain back the weight I've lost and then some. So I sacrifice, but not everything.
  • Plant a yummy Vegetable garden: Not this year, maybe next year. Thank goodness for Farmer's Markets though! I'm excited to go buy fresh veggies and make some fresh salsa.
  • Spend more time with Friends: I think this is always a desire that I have. I love that I bought the Lagoon Season Pass, and had fun my first time a few weeks ago, and I'm going next week. I love Lagoon, and hanging out with friends. So it's good. :D
  • Go on Vacation: Still working on this one. I have a lot of Travel Wishes though!
  • Save money: Yeah.. so far I've failed.
  • Write letters to old friends.. i.e.: The Babcocks: Emails. Check.
  • Start a Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program: Due to school schedules and such, I haven't done this one yet. Next year though. For sure. I'm still working towards it, and that's what counts. Right?
  • Spend more time with Family: Ash and Tim have spent a lot of fun days together. I love my siblings. Now I should edit the goal to include some extended family. I think its actually pretty sad how we used to be so much closer. At least, I thought.
  • Blog more - hahahaha, just kidding! Complete Success! haha.

So, that is how all of that goes. If you're even still reading - that was kind of long. My apologies. haha. Even though, in reality, the goals and the recap are much more for me, than for you readers. So you deserve an award if you made it this far. However, I don't really have much for ya. All I have is a good music video. Because I like it.

John Lennon. Working Class Hero.

4 comments:

Ashley June 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

VEGAS for my birthday, damnit! Yeah, I'm pretty positive that won't happen but I guess I can still get all my hopes up and drown in my sorrows. :(

Ashley June 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Congrats on all your goal-fulfilling. :)

mylittlebecky June 9, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

those are some excellent goals. i always start out as "good student" but i just can't quite keep it going and have to rely on the first 75% to get me through the "i want this semester to be over NOW!" part.

this is why i rule at summer classes!

Kim J June 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

Good job. 20 credits? that is crazy.
We should go to Lagoon again, yay!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP