I can be a Yogi

>> June 25, 2009

As some of you know, I've been trying to get healthier and lose weight. Today, I can report that I have lost 12 pounds, and a pant size! I was so excited on Monday when I could fit into my old pants. Now, I still would like to wear a much smaller size.. but at least I'm on my way. I know I'm losing, and I love looking and feeling better, but I keep thinking I'm losing it on the sides of my chest, and my legs, but not my waist / stomach area. Which is where I need to lose the most!

I have been doing my Exercise dvds and I really like them, for the most part. The Biggest Loser Bootcamp that I already had, and the Biggest Loser Yoga are definitely my favorite. I never thought I would be a Yoga-doing Yogi. I've also been doing the Crunch Pilates & Yoga dvd, I like it, but I don't like that the dvd isn't cut into segments at all. I like that the other dvds I have, including the Kickboxing one, have options to customize a workout, based on what you want to do that day and how much time you have. So, when you customize, you also get the warm up and cool downs at the beginning and ends. It doesn't work that way with the Crunch dvd, so I've only done it once, since the routine is about an hour long.

It was funny though, I have the 10 Minute Solutions Kickboxing dvd. The first night Ashley and I decided to do it, we did the Basic Training section, and then the Washboard Abs. OH my goodness the Abs workout was so hard! I couldn't do the moves, and I was laughing so hard! I've now done the other segments on the dvd, the Buns & Thighs and the Arms & Shoulders, and those are much better. Maybe that's because those parts of my body are much stronger than my Abs and Obliques. I'm going to work up to that point. I hope. I've heard of doing this 200 Sit Ups Training Program, and I think I might do it too. Based on what level you're on, and I am on SUPER beginner, you do a certain amount each day, and slowly work up to 200. I've never been big on Sit Ups, so its something I should probably do. Maybe next week ;)

PS ~ I have to do what I promised to do a week or two ago now, because lets face it, I'm getting old and TOTALLY forgot what I had promised, right after I promised it. BUT since Cheri has been such a great commenter the last little bit, I am reminded of my promise to give a shout out to her if she commented. {because I really don't like it when people read my blog, but never comment.. at least one comment a week would be satisfactory. puh-lease} Anyway, back to Cheri.. This is (was?) your shout out. Hope you liked it. Thanks for reading! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous,  June 25, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

I am famous! :-) Now I just need a hot famous boyfriend (Johnny Depp) and life is peachy.

Anonymous,  June 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

PS. Tell your sister to blog more.

Kiya June 25, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

The stomach/ waist does take the longest. Congratulations on the 12 pounds :) You might want to try "Weight loss for food lovers by Dr George Blair-West" if you haven't already :)

Just the 3 of us June 25, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

That is so awesome Nicole!!! Will you tell me your top 3 workout dvds that you like? I gotta get them. I need to stop being a lazy bum!

Ashley June 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Yeah! We are Yogis! Like Yogi Berra!(sp?)

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP