MLK Comic, in Arabic

>> May 15, 2009

Check out this link: Can a Comic Book about MLK change the Middle East?. Its about a very interesting theory, where they're trying to see if the MLK story of non-violence can affect the Mid East conflicts.

This comes from Dalia Ziada's blog, Human life from a Daliatic Approach, I have been following her for a few months, and I really enjoy it. Its interesting to get such a different point of view on things. She's Egyptian, and a great middle eastern activist. She also suffered from genital mutilation, which is such an awful practice. I'm glad she has the guts to stand up for what she believes in.

This is awesome: {quote from her blog, linked above}

Ziada herself is a survivor of female genital mutilation, and has since led reform efforts against the practice. “I used to fight against FGM in my family (with traditional methods) since I was 10 years-old. However, this time, I decided to use the nonviolent method of King.” It worked, and in the morning Ziada’s uncle called saying that he was convinced; his daughter went unscathed.

2 comments:

Nicole May 17, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Thanks. I thought it was interesting. I love Dr. King, and really believe he will always be relevant. To someone.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP