Travel Wish: L-O-N-D-O-N

>> February 18, 2009

LONDON



Oh how I miss thee..


I have to go back to London. It has been by far my most favoritest city in the entire world. So how could I not include it in my Travel Wishlists? Sigh.. if only I were rich, and could pay for a nice British flat each summer.

Best things about London:
  • RAIN - I love the rain, I know I know some people hate it. But I love the sound of it.. the freshness in the air, the funky clouds over the island and the green green grass.
  • The Tube - Another thing people love to hate.. but I really loved it. I love the community feel of it, in such a big city. Mind The Gap
  • Big Ben - best man of all time, hands down. I literally skipped down the street the first time I saw the big ol' clock.
  • The History - I love history.. and I love all of the museums, and historical buildings!
  • The Pomp and Circumstance - along with the Royal family's pictures always being on the front page of trashy magazines. haha. Love it.
  • The Accents - make. me. swoon.
  • The Shopping: Especially Covent Garden!!
  • Cornish Pasties!!
  • Crepes and fresh squeezed orange juice, right by big ben. YUM
You find no man (or woman), at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
~ Samuel Johnson

4 comments:

Amanda M February 18, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Oh my friend!! I have seriously been thinking about London for about 2 straight weeks!! I miss it SO much!! I have really been thinking about ways to get back there!! You and I REALLY need to find a way to get back there together!!
And I totally agree with every single thing on your list! I miss minding the gap and transfering from train to train!!
And good old Benny!! I seriously had that feeling of "I could die and be happy right this moment" the first time I saw it!! Best feeling ever!!
And I definetley didnt get to go to enought museums!!
And the rain!! Normally I HATE the rain, but there is just something about London rain that makes it fantastic!! And day trips from the city to the absoulutely breath taking countryside!!
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! We've gotta get back there!!

Ashley February 20, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Yeah.. I want to go too. :(

CIP February 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

ah! I might be visiting there this summer...I've never been to Europe but I've always wanted to go to London!

Fidget Midget February 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Thanks for following my blog! :) I really love London for the historical and architectural value. I wish that in America we had more things like that, but since I'm living and studying in London right now, I find it more annoying since I've been without my car for over 5 months and everything closes so freakin' early here!

I know once I go back to America though, I'll probably end up missing England though, lol.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP