Laisser le Bon Temps Rouler!

>> February 24, 2009


Let the Good Times Roll!

I love New Orleans. My sister and I visited the Crescent City in January 2007, and it was absolutely awesome. The French Quarter is the best. And, at that time - and even now - the city was still recovering form Hurricane Katrina. However, there was much hope and fun in the air. Our taxi driver told us to let everyone back home know that, "New Orleans is back." Nawlins is coming back, see this article here. They are expected to have much bigger turn out this year, bigger than they've had since Katrina in 2005. I am excited for this great city. And a little amazed that they are able to do that in this recession. Yay for New Orleans! I want to go back.. it is definitely another one of those places on my travel wish list.

Here's a slide show of mine and Ashley's 2007 Trip to Nawlins:

New Orleans is my essence, my soul, my muse, and I can only dream that one day she will recapture her glory. I will do everything within my power to make that happen and to help in any way I can to ease the suffering of my city, my people! ~ Harry Connick, Jr

2 comments:

Ashley February 25, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Wow that was two years ago! We definitely need to go back! Maybe that guy, "Girl, I know where you get dem shoes" will still be there. haha I hope not. He was creepy. And the lake made it creepier. But let's go back! :( I do likes Harry Connick, Jr. lots. He's awesome.

Nicole February 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

And that guy with the PINK toenail polish! And I tried to get you to look at him.. and he saw that I was gesturing to him and was all.. "hey didn't we just see you guys walking? you walk fast!! and yes I have pink toe nail polish." hahahaha

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP