The Good Ol' Days

>> February 15, 2009

Today I was thinking and talking to Ashley about how I can't wink, and I remembered how at Frog and Toads Preschool, when I was probably 4 or 5, I was obsessed with trying to wink. After we were done eating lunch, we had to wait to be excused, to go take our naps or watch TV. While I sat there, waiting for a teacher to let me leave the tables I would try to wink, by placing my hand over one of my eyes and holding it down. I would look at my friend (who I cannot remember her name now.. sad!) and ask if I was winking. Sometimes she would reply yes, sometimes no. But I never really let go of my eye, I would continue holding it down. Because, sadly, if I let go, my eye would pop right back up. Still, to this day, I can't wink. I can kind of bring my chubby cheeks UP to my eye, to cover it up some, and almost get a wink. Nevertheless, I have never - nor will I ever - truly wink.

Another one of those crazy memories.. During my last few years of Elementary school, my sister and I were home alone a lot. Either before/after school or during the three weeks we were off track. We did some crazy things. Sometimes we would watch music videos like Matchbox Twenty's PUSH, and PUSH each other down each time Rob Thomas sang the word "push," or we would make up games where you couldn't touch the ground or you'd be eaten by sharks, or some ocean animal, so we had to lay pillows down on the ground and jump from pillow to pillow to be saved. We washed and dried those big decorative pillows once, they were never the same since - they got all bunchy and full of lumps.




We also had an obsession with Blue's Clues, singing the songs and everything- yes, I said I was probably about 11 or 12. I know, I know, embarrassing. ** Here's the mail, it never fails. It makes me want to wag my tail. When it comes I want to wail - "MAAAAAAAAAIIIIIL" **

4 comments:

Sarah Holman February 16, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Hmm, reading this brings back a few memories of my own...

#1: Making time Fly
#2: Peach Pit... 90210 Lets just leave it at that.
#3:Runny Mac and Cheese with Bread and Granola bars

And, I am pretty sure I remember you doing the whole winking thing. Tee Hee Hee

Ashley February 16, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

I remember this stuff too! Runny Mac and Cheese with Bread and Granola bars?? Yuck! You guys dipped bread in the runny juice? gross... haha

Amanda M February 16, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Hehe!! That is great!! I totally remember doing fun stuff like that with my brother too!!
And I cant wink either!!! High five my friend!!

Keri February 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

WOW! It is hard to imagine that I left you guys home alone at 11. You must have been pretty gosh darn responsible. It's funny reading about the pillows and sharks!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP