Good Riddance Mr. Bush

>> January 13, 2009

I am a Political Junkie. I can admit it. I try to just say "well.. I am really 'up in current events'". But in all reality, it is more than that. I am a JUNKIE. ~haha~ So instead of just being satisfied with watching the short snippets of President George W Bush's last press conference, no no, I had to watch the whole thing and jot down some thoughts as he spoke. I think the press conference was very interesting, and perhaps monumental, in how it truly showed the many sides, controversies, and feelings around this president's reign.

SO some thoughts:

  • There are millions of "Bushisms" : such as "missunderestimated", or "The Gaza" Oh man..
  • "I'm George", said with a French accent, when talking to Suzanne Malveux(pronounced Sooz-awn Mawl-Voh), it showed his funny side. The side of him that many people can identify with. The folksy Texan side of him, that really might make him someone that is nice, and fun to be around - I just have issues with him being in control of the United States, that's all.
  • He gets so forceful sometimes when he's defending himself. What would a Psychologist say about that..
  • When asked about Gaza & Israel, not only did he really bother me when he kept saying "The Gaza", while I was actually trying to listen to what he said about the Palestinian Conflict. But then he said that the true solution is a "sustainable ceasefire" which, obviously, makes sense. However, it kind of bothers me when it's ALL put on Hamas. I mean.. is it REALLY all Hamas? I really think that there are two sides to every story. I don't know. That one - I shouldn't judge because it's very hard for me to completely come to an opinion. Note to self: more research, more research, more research
  • One thing I very much agreed with him on, and I was almost like WHOA did that really come out of George W's mouth?!?? He said that the Republican party needs to be more inclusive - which is also a very smart, and a very true thing to say. I struggled to get my chin off the floor.
  • When asked about his mistakes... He mentions the sign "mission accomplished", and when he mentions Katrina he says he should or could have landed Air Force One, after the fly over to survey the damage. I'm sorry but in Katrina, there was MUCH more wrong than just whether or not they flew over and didn't land. I mean, c'mon.
  • And his weird little "self pity" rant? What was that? Paging the psychologist..
I have a lot of feelings when it comes to the Bush presidency, and all of the failures. Certain things will always amaze me. However, I don't think of myself as someone with Bush Derangement Syndrome. That's just CRAZY. Okay, so maybe just a little. ~ wink, wink ~

To see the video for yourself, click here.

And a "Bushism" to sign off with..

"I didn't grow up in the ocean—as a matter of fact—near the ocean—I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008

(click here for more Bushisms)

3 comments:

K e r i January 14, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

Wow Nic! I am very proud of you. You are so smart and research stuff. I even saw a little bit of trying to be fair when you were talking about George W. He did do some good things. Right? And it does take a whole team of people to run the country. I hope that with Obama and a new team that we can get out of this economic problem. I hope we can help solve the Israel-Gaza war for good! I hope we can help solve the problem in Darfur! All those innocent people. It's just not fair. I hope they are comforted by God.

Ashley January 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

I'm glad to see you changed "Riddens" to "Riddance" like I told ya. haha. :)

Kim J January 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

That quote is hilarious! I missed his speech but I'll have to watch it. I don't completely blame him for everything because he did have his creepy team of weirdo's probably manipulating him but he was the president and so he did have the final say on things. I just can't believe that it is finally over!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP