Twenty five, Vingt-cinq, Veinte cinco, Zwanzig fünf

>> December 16, 2008


Today, is my Birthday. Yahoo. I am 25 years old and it feels really strange. I don't feel like I am 25.. I don't feel like it's been SEVEN years since I turned 18 and became an adult. Eek. But at the same time, I see people that are 17 and 18 years old and I'm like "awe, they're such cute little naive kids" so I guess that means something. Right?

I think part of the problem with not feeling 25 is that I work in retail right now, and still haven't finished my Bachelor's. Life is funny like that, when I was 18 I would have been offended if anyone would have suggested that I wouldn't have it all done by now. However, I thought I was going to be a Nurse too, and that sure didn't work out. I'm not a fan of bodily functions, adult diapers, or death.

The other problem.. is probably that no one believes I am 25. Which, everyone says is a good thing, yaddah yaddah. But it's kind of annoying! I don't want you to think I'm 30, but when I get mistaken for 19 or 20, that offends me. So I'm 25 okay?! A lady at work the other day was telling me how her son is 17, and I "would really like him" I was like neat? And then I realised what she meant, so I was like "waiiit a second, how old do you think I am?" eek. She thought I was 20. I did have my glasses on though, and my eyes were retarded that day (hence the glasses I hate), so not a lot of eye makeup either.. so that was my Rationalization. But still. Makes me really want to go buy some "older looking" glasses. Whatever that means. Maybe I should buy some cat eyes.

So, since it's my birthday, I thought I'd look up my Personality Profile for what someone born on December 16 is supposed to act like. Well.. here it is. I got two versions because the one seemed so negative. Even if a lot of it is true, I needed positive too. Here is the positive one, from the New York Post.

December 16, 2008

A Mars-Neptune aspect on your birthday this year will fire your imagination and encourage you to express your artistic side. You don't have an artistic side? Oh yes you do, and it's time you did something with it. Aim to be extraordinary - always.

and the not as happy one, from this website:

A December 16 Sagittarius is extraordinary. They have a disciplined nature and can live on little, as long as they can express their inner fire. Blessed with an artistic temperament, they understand that success equals creative accomplishment, not money. They have much wisdom.

Sagittarius Information for December 16
You should embrace:
Impartiality, organization, social skills

You should avoid:
Destructive habits, poor judgment, ruthlessness

Friends and Lovers
It's not easy to be a friend to December 16 people. They have a habit of pushing people away, especially when they need help most. They refuse to accept the code of conventional behavior -- few people are as true to their own nature. They have an intense love nature and may prefer abstinence if no one special is in their lives. I think I am a pretty good friend, most of the time. :(

Children and Family

As children, these people never felt they fit in and may have developed a bad self-image. Later, they draw strength from their uniqueness. Because they don't want their children to experience the same difficulties, they can be strict and rule-conscious. I don't think this is true..

Health
December 16 people are not particularly concerned with health. They're even more stubborn if they have a health condition! They don't care to be told how to behave, even by a doctor. When they do exercise, it's usually done for emotional rather than physical reasons.

Career and Finances
December 16 men and women are usually drawn toward creative enterprises, though they may work at their talent for years while making a living at a job that means nothing but a paycheck. They have the good sense not to believe that money equals success.

Dreams and Goals
People born on this day live in a world of their making. They are not preoccupied with goals; they listen to their intuition rather than to conventional wisdom. They have high expectations for their talent yet let it develop at its own pace.

So there we have it people. A little something about me.. that I wasn't aware of. Haha. I was actually really into the whole Astrology once-upon-a-time, like Sophomore year of high school. Just ask Jihyei, she bought me one of those every day Calendars for my birthday that year. One of the coolest things about my Birthday is one of my favorite authors and I share the same Birthday. It must be fate or something. Eh? Jane Austen was born December 16, 1775. I love her Pride and Prejudice.. and Sense and Sensibility. Maybe that's what I should watch today, to celebrate our shared Birthday, instead of studying for my final. Finals shouldn't be anywhere near Birthdays. Yuck!!

A person who can write a long letter with ease, cannot write ill.
~ Jane Austen

So, today my "Teaser Tuesday" will be about Pride and Prejudice. My favorite part of the book is when Elizabeth's father says,

"An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. --Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never you again if you do."

It's from Chapter twenty, and I really like it. It shows how Elizabeth's father 'gets her' and her mother is all about money. And that's just annoying! AND the actor that plays Mr. Collins on ANY version of Pride and Prejudice is so ugly, and greasy.. yuck. That doesn't do anything for him. Maybe if he was cuter, it'd be a different story.. but really Mr. Darcy wins. Wahoo.

Happy Birthday to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  December 16, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

Happy Birthday, Nicole!

Shirley December 16, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

Happy Birthday!! My grandma's birthday is today too... so as I was reading all of this I was thinking of her as well and I think it fits some of her.

I can totally relate about people thinking I am in my teens. It's so annoying. Especially when people think my 19 year old sister is older than me. The pregnancy helps though, I guess a big belly makes me look older. :)

I hope you're having a great day!

Step-Mom December 16, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And I know what you mean when you don't feel 25, but people mistake you for younger. Good to know we're in it together.

Feeling old only lasts a few days (well, it did for me) and then it's just like..ok, I'm 25. Weird.. but normal. Does this make any sense??

Have a happy birthday friend.

Amanda M December 17, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

That birthday description thing was..... interesting!! I dont know if I agree with some of it.... but then again you are probably just awesome and defy all the rules!!

And I LOVE that quote from Pride and Prejudice!! It is one of my favorite parts of the whole story!!

Kim J December 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

Are you sure you don't want to date a 17 year old? Haha, that was great!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP