Lin Hao, a Real Hero

>> August 11, 2008

Olympics, Beijing 2008

The corridor collapsed as I was walking. Two of my classmates were trapped beside me. I tried as hard as I could to climb out, and after I had climbed out I pulled a classmate out.” - Lin Hao

The opening ceremonies are always fun to watch. But this year in China, it was a little better. The Chinese really know how to put on an artistic show. However, my favorite part was Lin Hao. The little boy that walked with the flag-bearing Yao Ming. This little boy was in the Sichuan Province earthquake back in May, he was buried under the rumble but he fought his way out. This in itself, is a pretty cool accomplishment. But Lin Hao didn't stop there. He then went back into the rubble to help not one of his classmates, but two, pulling them each out separately. When asked why he went back in twice, little 2nd Grader Lin Hao said that he was the Hall Monitor.. and that he was just doing his job.

I think that is a very Special Kind of Awesome.

1 comments:

Kim J August 12, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

That is amazing. What an incredible kid!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP