Happy Father's Day

>> June 15, 2008

Today is Father's Day, and of course, the presidential candidates continue campaigning. I love what Obama said today. He was speaking at a predominately Black Church in Chicago, and basically "called out" black fathers, telling them that they need to step up and raise their children. I know that perhaps statistically this is more of an African American family issue, than it is a White American one, however I full heartedly agree. It is not fair to act like a child once you have made a child. And I applaud Obama for bringing this up, he said, "I resolved many years ago that it was my obligation to break the cycle -- that if I could be anything in life, I would be a good father to my girls," and I just think that that is awesome. Having a father in your life can really mean the world.

And on that note, Happy Father's Day dad! I love you Daddy! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP