Motivation..?

>> March 6, 2010


I think I lost it.

My motivation, that is.

Could you help me find it?

A year ago, next month, I bought a Wii fit.. and from that point on I was motivated, to work out, to watch what I ate, to become healthier. And, it paid off. A year ago I was 40 pounds heavier, and eating much crappier..

But now, I've lost that motivation. I can't decide what to do about it. I have tried to do Wii Active's 30 day challenge. Twice. But I've failed to finish it all the way through. Twice. The first time was because I got the swine flu though, so that doesn't officially count against me. Right? But obviously, I am not motivated by doing it with the wii, at home anymore.

So now the decision is.. do I work out outside, like (gasp) go running? Okay, maybe walking.. Or do I buy a gym membership? My friend Amanda, has been working out for a month, and has lost 14 pounds. In a month! She's been going to Gold's Gym.. so now I'm thinking maybe THAT is what I should do. I just don't want to sign up for it, and pay for it for a year or two or whatever for the contract, and then end up not doing it. I guess I have commitment issues.

Any ideas? Cause I could use some..


What keeps you motivated?






7 comments:

Roberta March 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

We started the P90X and started it almost two weeks ago. I've already lost some inches around my waist, and you can see it. I'll keep you updated on how it's going.

Just the 3 of us March 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

You should look into community centers...the one in Pleasant Grove you don't have to sign a membership and it's only 10 bucks a month! It's a new gym, too so it's nice!

Lost in this Moment March 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

I find that if someone else is depending on you, it is next to impossible to slack off with exercising. There are two ways I can think of to create that--either join a gym and join a class or work with a personal trainer, or enlist a workout buddy, someone you don't know so well that it would be easy to flake out on him/her. It gives you a reason to get dressed and get out!

Rachael March 7, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I say, try a month to month membership. I HATE paying for the gym. But, I think about how much if costs per day. So, if I don't go, I'm wasting "x amount" of dollars per day.

If you want, I'll send you daily "get your ass moving" tweets. Yanno, since I just followed you on twitter haha ;)

Ardie March 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Personally, I can't stand gyms. I get soooo bored! The weather outside is absolutely beautiful (at least in B.C.)so I say sign up for the Rock 'n Roll 1/2 marathon in Seattle (it's in June and my sisters and I are going to be there) and start running outside. Motivated??? Good luck whatever you choose to do. :)

Alisha Chase March 8, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Well I have a great idea~!!! My new place has a gym in the clubhouse, come work out with me for free!! Then when it is warm i will go running with you, but i refuse to run when it's cold.... Or I am going to try the P90X too you can do it with me =) or any of the above i will be there too!!

Kim J March 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Wow 40 pounds is amazing! Good job! You should watch the Biggest Loser. I love that show, however I usually watch it sitting on my couch eating snacks.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP