I want to go..

>> March 29, 2010

THE HAIR MANDIR
at the GOLDEN TEMPLE OF AMRITSAR
(source: SmokeAndSassafrass)

I always love Smoke And Sassafrass' tumblr pictures. They always really make me think. This place, the Golden Temple of Amritsar, I had never even heard of. I looked it up, because I think it looks so mystical.. so neat.. This place is considered the holiest place in Sikhism. Its in Amritsar, Punjab, India.

The picture above is of the Hari Mandir, which is the most popular part of the Harmandir Sahib (aka The Golden Temple).

HARMANDIR SAHIB
(source: SacredSites.com)

To read more about this place visit this link.

Amritsar is about 7 hours from Delhi, and 10 hours from Agra, where the Taj Mahal is.


Who wants to come to India with me?




5 comments:

ETL Testing Tutorial March 29, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

HAv u visited amritsar or u wish to do so????

well if u wish 2 visit soon tell me i m going 2 tell u some more existing places in india....lol

Keri March 30, 2010 at 1:49 AM  

It looks very pretty and unique.

Ashley March 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

I TOLD you we should go to India! Not only for the Taj Mahal, Mumbai, and Goa.. but now this! Let's goo!!

Sush K March 31, 2010 at 3:27 AM  

hey!
I'm from India, nice to know that you'd like to visit India.
India is full of wonders!

Amanda M April 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

Uhhh, AMAZING!!! I would love to visit that place!!!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP