Revolution

>> February 11, 2010


Today, I am scared for Iran. I am scared that there is violence.. reading Twitter early this morning, my stomach was in knots. I try to not get worked up over things I cannot control, but I just feel for the Iranian people, and their desire for a different world. Their desire for change. Many Americans complain about their lives here, but when we get down to it, we are so lucky to be able to say our complains out loud, to be able to say YES I am a Democrat, and for my annoying friend Kyle to try to tell me I'm wrong, because he's much more conservative than I. We are so lucky to be able to do that. So lucky.


When the Iranian Elections first occurred last year, I really liked the blog at: Tehranlive.org, I loved the pictures, and posted them on my blog, more than once (see here). But, as I was looking at information yesterday about the 31st anniversary of the Iran Revolution of the 70s, I looked at his blog, and read this:

Amir Sadeghi was arrested in Tehran by Iranian Security Forces.
Iranian security forces arrested one of our Photographers, "Amir Sadeghi"
at the office of Farhang-e-Ashti newspaper in tehran.
The number of journalists arrested in Iran has reached to 55 persons.

With hope for freedom of all prisoners.

I was so sad!

Fast forward back to today, and I read tweet after tweet about protests, and the green movement chanting at different areas around the city, about people getting arrested, and other reports that some people were released this week - which is just one positive out of so many negatives. And then I heard a really annoying thing: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced that they are now at a capacity of a 20% uranium enrichment ability. (he even said, if we wanted to manufacture a bomb, we would announce it.. after he had just announced that Iran is now a "nuclear state") I don't really understand that, I'm not some sort of weapon engineer, but that's not good. Its not good for the world, its not good for Israel (even though those that know me, know I have issues with Israel anyhow), but least of all, its not good for diplomacy. And when I start to think about how there's no chance of diplomacy for the country of Iran, on the world stage, I get very nervous, and very sad for the people of Iran.

So, I know we can't do much, but I ask you, my friend that has made it this far in this long, newsy, political post, to please, at least send the people of Iran your good thoughts, prayers, and maybe, just maybe, we can help them.


For more information..


I really like Octavia Nasr's tweets on CNN.


CNN is also continuously updating about Iran, here.



1 comments:

Andhari February 11, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Those people have been through a lot you know, it's like they can't get a break. This is not the first time I felt like my chest is staked listening to these news.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP