If Democrats behaved like Republicans..

>> February 23, 2010

haha, I kid, I kid..


I haven't REALLY written about politics for awhile, because, frankly, it gives me a headache. I truly believe in our President, I do. And I believe that most people in Washington, are really there to make a difference, and to change things. Perhaps its not how I think it should be done, but I think their hearts are in the right place. Maybe that just makes me seem idealistic, or naive or something, but that's how I feel.

However, what is going on with the no-communication, no-Bipartisanship stuff? I don't think its just one party's fault either, I think all of Washington right now is to blame. I have to say, I wanted the Democrats to use their majority, I wanted them to do what I feel is right, and pass the health care bill. But I also see that they went about it all wrong, and now we have to live with those consequences. Nevertheless, they're not the only ones that are guilty. This "say no" political party of tea-partying Republicans is driving me completely crazy! I heard someone say that they'll just say no for 3 years, until Obama's gone, because they don't want to help the Democrats get anything done. Seriously?! If that's the case, and all we care about is winning the election in 3 freakin' years, then maybe our government is truly broken.

On a slightly different note, did you see that Ron Paul won the Straw Poll at the CPAC Convention this weekend? Really! RON PAUL?! I'll have to leave that rant for a different day.


3 comments:

Shirley February 23, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

I completely agree! I used to love politics, but I can't stand it anymore. I don't believe in either side, but dialogue. I've even said to my husband (who will still love me otherwise) that who cares if someone believes in abortion? That is already a law! What else do they believe in that is going to truly affect us?

I'm so frustrated with both sides. I hope that there is some change of working together in washington.

Ashley February 23, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

A few typos in there. :) Rob Paul just sounds so funny. haha. I believe in Obama as well. And for those lame politicians that are just going to say no for 3 years. That's IMMATURE. And they should be in office to help change things and learn how to work together and not be so stubborn about it. Yeah, let's stay in a healthcare rut for 3 years. That'll be good. Why don't we TRY for change and SEE HOW IT WORKS?? If it doesn't work that well, hey, change it again. Trial and error, am I wrong?

I hate people. haha.

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

I definitely agree that the way the administration is going about things could be changed or started over or different from the get-go. I really hope that both Democrats & Republicans alike can step it up and hold hands across the aisle to get things done for the good of the people, not for the good of their self-interest, but because it's right for the nation and their people.

And I'm glad that the Democrats don't behave like Republicans because I'd be really embarassed.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP