TV Thoughts

>> June 24, 2009

I have to admit it, I am a TV freak. Well, sometimes.. At least when it comes to certain shows, we'll put it that way. So here are some thoughts about recent events:

  • Can you believe the Jon and Kate thing?! I am so amazed by it! I mean, obviously most of us thought we knew what the announcement would be on Monday, but I was still pretty sad about it when they said it. "We're separated" and then right after that the show confirms that the tabloids and Showbiz Tonight shows were right, the Gosselins filed for divorce on Monday. It makes me sad. A friend of mine said she thought they wouldn't have gotten divorced if they weren't on TV. I'm not sure that's true, I hope its not true, because call me naive, but I really believed them when they said they do the show for their kids. If you really sit down and think about it, the economics of that big of a family, that's not a pretty picture. And doing the show, where they were able to have full attention from both parents, most of the time, and make more than enough money, and have really great opportunities, that they wouldn't have had before.. It sounds perfect. But eek, that paparazzi. I don't know.
    Its also probably wrong, but I blame Jon. I feel like he is having some sort of crazy mid-life crises at 32, and acting like a 2 year old. Which, might be more okay (but not really),if you only had one kid for your wife to deal with, but 8? Step up buddy. You signed up for those kids just as much as Kate did. It REALLY bothered me when he said he was excited, EXCITED?!? WTF?

    Along with the Divorce news, they also said today that the show won't have new episodes again until August. Sadness. Now what am I supposed to do on Monday nights?

  • In other news.. My sisters friend told her a few days ago that TR Knight was for sure leaving Grey's Anatomy, but that Katie Heigl was for sure staying. I wasn't sure whether or not to believe it. Then I kind of forgot, and I didn't get excited again until I saw this article from the LA Times yesterday morning. She is staying! I was pretty convinced that George would die, and Izzie would push the elevator and go back up to Alex, but then the more time that passed since the Season Finale.. I was getting nervous! So now I'm excited. I won't have to boycott. See here for my boycott threat.
  • Last but not least, I'm excited for the new show The Philanthropist, and it premieres tonight on NBC! 9:00 PM, I'm there.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

I may be wrong, but I don’t think that Jon is the one to blame. Kate doesn’t treat Jon well. Remember back in the day before Kate got all "Hollywood" (with her ugly hair. UGH!) she wasn’t a horrible person. I think Jon IS going through a midlife crisis, but to put that into perspective, if I had to live with a lady that was always putting me down on TV for the whole wide world to see I would be hooking up with 20 somethings on the side also. I feel bad for the kids though, they have two insane parents who need to either grow up or shut up.

It’s sad how much thought I put into this… I need a life.

Ashley June 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

You are sad, Cheri. haha. JK. I'm excited for TV, I'm glad we won't have to boycott it and my friend was right. haha

Ashley June 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

You know what I think about Jon & Kate

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP