Happy Birthday Audrey!!

>> May 4, 2009

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it. ~ Audrey Hepburn



In honor of Audrey Hepburn's 80th Birthday, I have decided to post some of my very favorite, sayings, pictures, and video clips of Audrey's. I have loved Audrey Hepburn for years, and it all started with this movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. I love Holly Golightly and her nameless cat.











This is one of my very favorite songs: Moon River

Holly Golightly: He's all right! Aren't you, cat? Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's.
Paul Varjak: Tiffany's? You mean the jewelry store.
Holly Golightly: That's right. I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's!
Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future. ~ Audrey Hepburn

Another favorite of Audrey's is Roman Holiday, I love Gregory Peck and Rome, so what's not to love?

This is the best.. when Audrey's character gets on the vespa, not knowing what to do


However, what truly makes Audrey Hepburn my most favorite actress of all time, is how she really tried to make a difference for others, throughout her lifetime. She herself was involved in an underground communication ring in Nazi-occupied Holland. It is believed that part of the reason she was such a small woman was because of the hunger and poor conditions she lived under at that time. She was a reciepient of some of hte first UNICEF food supplies to ever be delivered. This is why she was such a supporter of UNICEF. Later in her life, she became a UNICEF ambassador. She was one awesome lady!

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. ~ Audrey Hepburn

.. and my very favorite quote: I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person. ~ Audrey Hepburn, but you all know that.

4 comments:

Ashley May 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Awe. Love Audrey. She's awesome. Happy Birthday!

Kim J May 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

Oh I love Audrey Hepburn! And the Moon River song, it makes me feel so nostalgic.

K.Pete May 6, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

Great post. I had never read the AH quote about laughing before seeing your blog header the first time - but I fell in love with it. I feel the same way.

She was an amazing person - I can see why you admire her.

Anonymous,  July 17, 2009 at 2:54 AM  

I love Audrey Hepburn´s films! For example Roman holidays. She is so perfect!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP