YES WE CAN.. And we did!!

>> November 5, 2008


VICTORY FOR OBAMA!!

Yay for President-elect Barack Obama!
I still feel like I need to pinch myself. I can't believe it. I am so happy!!





"They understood his vision of a fairer and more just America
and embraced it. They heard his call for a new generation of Americans to
participate in government and were inspired. They believed that change is
possible and voted to be part of America's future," ~ Senator Ted Kennedy

They also showed Dr. King's daughter, Bernice, last night on CNN. When I see her, and think of her father's "I have a dream" speech, made less than half a century ago, it almost makes me cry. I think it is awesome that Martin Luther King Jr's children really did see the day where the American dream truly opened up to African-Americans more.

Nevertheless, don't get me wrong. I did not vote for him to be MY President because he is black. I voted for him because I believe in him, I believe in his ability to bring people together, I believe in his ability for change, and I agree with him on his policies. I agree with him, and believe in him, and oh yeah, he just happens to be black. He IS the change the country needs! Boy, it's going to feel strange having a president I actually like and respect. Only 76 more days America!

It was also a big night for Democrats across the country. The Democrats in the House of Representatives also clinched the biggest majority they've had in the House in 15 years!

I am proud to be a Democrat. But mostly, I am proud to be part of an American that can look beyond prejudice, and racism and choose the right (left!) man for the job. Congratulations President-elect Obama!

5 comments:

Just the 3 of us November 5, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Yayyy! I think it is amazing that MLK's kids got to see his dream come true! It's awesome! Go Obama!!!! :)

Ashley November 5, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

YAY!!!!!!!!!
YOU KNOW HOW I EXCITED I AM!!!

haha oh man.

Keri November 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

very well put Nicole! I am proud to have you as my daughter!

AziL® November 9, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Yay to you and all Americans!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

What a very nice post! I agree with your mom! :)

AziL® November 9, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

just happened to read your daughter's post on USA President-elect, Obama...and saw your comment...sorry if this comment comes as a surprise to you...hope you don't mind me doing this.

i just think that there's always positive out of something "we thought negative" - the so-called "blessing in disguise" just like not having an internet/cable for a month.

you all get by...

trust HIM. :)

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP